All visitors must book a ticket in advance
- All visitors must book a free general admission ticket in advance. This will give you access to the permanent collection, free exhibitions and the Gallery Shop.
- Book your free general admission ticket here.
- Members, children, and carers, all need to book a free general admission ticket in advance.
- We have introduced timed ticketing for weekend visits. When you book a time slot, you are free to arrive at any time within that slot. You can stay in the Gallery as long as you wish.
- If you have booked a ticket for the exhibition New Perspectives, you do not need to book a free general admission ticket for the same day.
- Up to six individuals from the same household, or the same support bubble, can visit the Gallery together. If you’re booking tickets on behalf of others, you can book up to six tickets online.
- See our FAQs for more information on tickets
- Before you visit, please read these guidelines to ensure you have a safe and enjoyable experience in the Gallery.
- Read our safety guidelines
Entering the Gallery
- We are operating a one-way system – you must enter via our Merrion Square entrance and exit via Clare Street.
- Face coverings are mandatory in the Gallery and Gallery Shop. Please refer to the government guidelines for more information.
- All visitors must pre-book a free general admission ticket to visit the Gallery. This ticket will be checked by Gallery staff at the entrance.
- If you are visiting from Monday – Friday, you may enter the Gallery at any time. We have introduced timed ticketing for Saturdays and Sundays. On these days, you must enter the Gallery within the time-slot that you have booked (e.g. visitors with a ticket for 11am-1pm may enter at any time within that two hour window). There is no maximum time for your visit – you are welcome to stay for as long as you wish.
- As we will be operating at a reduced capacity, it may be necessary to queue for a short period at times. Please follow the directions of staff, and observe social distancing guidelines.
- Please use the hand sanitiser which is available throughout the Gallery.
Getting around the Gallery
- There is a one-way system through the building. Please follow the yellow floor markings which will guide you on your visit.
- You can download a Gallery map and access it on your phone using the free WiFi.
- As we are operating at a reduced capacity, with limited numbers permitted in each area, we may sometimes ask you to wait a few minutes before entering some rooms. Please follow the directions of our staff, and observe social distancing guidelines.
- Please respect any maximum capacity signage that you see.
- We recommend that you follow one of our colour-coded trails when you are visiting our permanent collection. Follow the yellow arrows and look out for coloured stripes on our object labels. Works marked with green stripes will guide you through highlights of the collection, while our family favourites trail is marked in pink.
Exhibitions in the Gallery
- Your free general admission ticket will give you access to the permanent collection as well as the following free exhibitions: Living with art: Picasso to Celmins (closing 7 June); Glamour and Governance; Shaw and the Gallery: A Priceless Education; Something from There.
- You need to book an exhibition ticket to visit our new exhibition New Perspectives. Acquisitions 2011-2020 (on view until 2 August). There is an admission charge for this exhibition, but there are discounts and special offers available. You must book your exhibition ticket in advance. Members go free to our paid exhibitions, but must pre-book their exhibition tickets.