Galway Atlantaquaria, Ireland’s largest native species aquarium. An EAZA accredited Aquarium that celebrates education, awareness and conservation of our ocean and life under water. Enjoy learning about our native sharks, rays, and crustaceans, as well as other unique species.
An educational, engaging, and fun visit for all ages, fully accessible and all exhibits designed around the visitor. Free parking, lots of amenities and an all-weather attraction located in the heart of Salthill, Galway City.
The Ocean Experience & Connection to the Sea.
For over twenty years, the Aquarium has developed a unique culture of education, conservation, and celebration of the diversity of life in our rivers, lakes and ocean. It is this history and experience that can be felt by every visitor to the Aquarium, a connection to the sea & in most cases a reconnection with nature.
Featured Exhibits Include:
- Fin Whale skeleton (2nd largest whale in the world) (18 metres / 60 feet long).
- The SPLASH!
- Wreckfish from the depths of the Atlantic Ocean.
- Biodiversity zone, with colourful fish species from Africa and South America.
- Huge Ocean Tank (featured in the film “The Guard” & Fáilte Ireland’s #KeepDiscovering campaign 2020).
- The Bearna Log Boat Exhibit over 5000 years old!
- Conger Eels, skulking in the dark, waiting to strike unwary prey.
- Freshwater zone depicting the life found in our rivers and lakes.
- Movie stars, Nemo & Dory (if you can find them).