Sligo and Donegal Bay on the Wild Atlantic Way holds good varied sea fishing grounds from hard reefs, gravel and rocks to sandbanks for world class inshore, offshore, light gear and deep sea game angling. Ewing’s Sea Angling run is the #1 rated charter boat in Sligo and know these grounds better than anyone.
Targeted game fishing trips for sea trout, common skate, tope, blue shark and Giant Bluefin Tuna are available whilst in season and general fishing or evening mackerel trips depart daily by appointment. Other half day, full day and evening fishing trips options are available to try and catch some of Sligo and Donegal Bay’s many species.
Readily caught species include mackerel, pollack, coalfish, cod, ling, red, grey and tub gurnard, several species of wrasse, dogfish, pouting, whiting, all species of ray, dab, flounder, skate, tope and blue shark and there are many more available for you to try your luck!
To make the most out of the ground, and depending on conditions as well as what species you want to catch, we normally drift or anchor up. The skipper will call upon his decades of experience in order to give you the best catch rate for exactly what you want. Check out some of the species we catch in our species gallery below.
- #1 rated charter fishing boat in Sligo
- Impeccable catch and reporting records (check out our pics!)
- State of the art sonar and fish finding technology
- Fully licensed, insured & well maintained boat, skippered by a lifeboat coxswain/mechanic
- We will not depart in heavy sea or wind conditions. Our customers enjoyment, and their returning custom speaks volumes about our priorities.
- The Sarah Marie has an opening access side door for easy embarkation and those BIG catches!
- Group rates and customisable trips.
- Larger parties can be accommodated by splitting groups between multiple local boats.
- The various tackles, lures and equipment required for each species are available for hire on board (Tope/Shark/Skate/
Bluefin Tuna rods and reels at extra cost).
The Harry Ewing Pier, Rosses Point,